Yeah, that was terrible.

Anyway, what to say, other than the engine is by and large, built! Yesterday was all about the timing, and as such, that has been done, with the timing belt installed, timing checked (slightly out on the camshaft but I'm hoping still witihin reason!), and I also got the alternator bracket and intake manifold on.




I also installed the pretty, polished & flowed throttlebody I purchased a while ago, one of the few modifications going in on this engine from the outgoing.



So what is left now? Well...

- Need to receive the flywheel, which will allow me to install it and the clutch onto the engine
- Change the clutch release bearing on the gearbox
- Once the above is done, combine the gearbox and engine
- Receive the banjo bolt for the turbo oil feed
- Remove old engine
- Swap alternator, starter, thermostat housing, IACV valve, TPS, distributor, onto new engine
- Install new engine (after retrieving engine mount from Monsieur Mark)
- Mount CT9b turbo onto manifold and downpipe, and install
- Replace exhaust-downpipe studs

And that should be, it'll be complete!! So, yes, I'm so nearly there I can almost taste it...though, I'm not sure I want to taste grimey, oily engine..

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lies, those are pics of my build. :P Looks good.