12 Jan 2010

The 2010 of Destiny

Or so I'd hope

After an extravagantly moderate break in Saudi Arabia, I return to lovely, sunny, wonderful, glorious Britain.

Then I woke up and realised it was freezing cold, had a flat battery, and eBay and RAC stole my money. Nevermind. Set straight back to work on the engine, which resulted in a snapped Oil relief valve (though fortunately the snapped-off thread was easy to remove)...cold 1, me; bagel. Fortunately I did get the oil pickup, rear crankshaft seal and oil pump with largely no issues. Now all that's holding me back is a new relief valve and getting the sump back before I can re-attach the sump!

Well, unfortunately, that's where all progress stops - the sump has only JUST been finished off after being with the garage for about 4 weeks now, and I've ordered quite a few items necessary to progressing further, but due to the weather I am having to grate through a type of, lucid comatose state of boredom, whilst I wait for the local couriers to brave my snowy hill! The fact that the car battery is completely dead is also cause for much boredom :(.

However, where there's a will there's a way! I should hopefully get more and more items shortly, need to order one last batch of items from Toyota, and that should be everything needed to finish this 4E-FTE! So, yeah, updates soon, I should hope unless I have jynxed it in which case, damn me!

0 comments: