26 Jun 2010

Aeon Flux

A peculiar movie, with an awesome what's her face in it - the defining moment of this particular motion reel being when what's her face realises that the populus in their existence never die, they are just reborn, in a somewhat contrived Buddhist evangelistic sort of way.

And from this rather pompous, and tenuous link what can be implied is that, whilst not really, reborn, as it still finds itself an impossible rubbish entity, the POS does at least have its new heart! For once, I'll let the pictures do the rambling:







Ahhh, deceived you, that turbocharger isn't going to be used. Ever. As the world will have actually imploded by the time I get the car ready to receive it.





Suffice to say, this has been the Zenith of a very long gestation period of modifying the car - attempting not to sound too preachy or conceited here, bare with me - granted what essentially is going back in the vehicle is basically what came out previously, but this is a rather important transition as this should hopefully be the beginning of the eradication of a plethora of issues, and of grave importance is that I even achieved some of it with very little external assistance (thanks to assface Harvey above for helping getting the engine in though) - I can say I have come to grasps with working on the car, I am no longer scared! True, I am extremely relaxed in progress, but things can only get better....can't they?

O_o - I just read that.

ANYWAY. Get that moment off of me. After getting the engine in, not much else was or could be done - seeing as the only engine mounts I had to hand were the former, completely worn out ones, barring the rear one (as its going with the LSD Gearbox), the engine is only temporarily in place, as one can presume by the ratchet strap mount. On delivery of the BYP/Energy Suspension mounts I can truly say the transplant is semi-hard. Err, Complete. However, Harvey did fit on the shifter cables, and I became a little infant...ok, LITTLER infant, sitting down in the car and feeling gears again! It felt fabulous. We also got the old Track-rod ends off of the car and I loosely fit on the new ones - yes, ignore me saying I fit them in the last post, its a lie. Suck it.

So, onwards and upwards to the moment I can crank the engine over ^-^

0 comments: