30 Apr 2010

Shop Therapy

Progress stunted due to a multitude of environmental and situational factors, primarily my case of Acute Pigrizia Lethargyna Procrastinatis, I decided to alleviate this drought of effort by treating myself to a bit of a spree. Well, I say treat myself, I just had too much money in my account to let linger, so I've sort of been set loose:

~ From Sexy Mark ("Trackstar" Owner & destroyer) ~
* Dual AN Feed Fuel Rail - bought on a whim, supposed to lower injector loading, would figure its ideal for the ultimate setup
* Battery cabling - too lazy/cheap to buy wiring for the battery relocation, so got it from Mark!
* Route6 Uprated Clutch Master cylinder - I have pretty much set my heart on using an OS Giken Twin Disc Clutch kit so the Master cylinder will help lower the pedal effort to operate it
* EP82 Cusco Brake Master Cylinder Stopper - seeing as I have rid of the ABS lines, I can now install this unit far easier, which is a stiffer design than the EP91 one I was previously rocking
* "Catheter Bag" Windshield washer bag - influenced by Marks' anal attention to detail, I have also purchased one of his more innovative modifications, a windshield washer "bag" which will save critical grams and allows me to mount where I want to

~ From The Almighty Trevvadol (GT_Revva - Big Pioneer in the Starlet/Tercel field w/ BYP) ~
* Full set of Polyurethane Energy Suspension Engine mounts - self explanatory, the old mounts were rubbish!
* C56 Gearbox mounting bracket - missing from my gearbox

~ From The Japanese Contact (Bless his lovely JDM Soul) ~
* Brand New ??? Paddle Clutch Disc - rather than risk using the used disc I purchased years ago, I'd rather go for a new, and further uprated clutch medium
* Toda Coilovers - lovely ube coilovers to replace the Silkroads (so I can have them refurbished)
* Downhill Active LCA Braces - a bit of an impulse bid on Yahoo, they're a strange design of LCA brace and figured I want to try it out
* JZX90 Fuel Pump - I'm still running the stock Cynos fuel pump so this is pretty much a requisite/useful upgrade
* OS Giken 5E Twin Plate Clutch Kit - Haven't compromised in other aspects of the car, why do so with the clutch ^_^
* Auto-Staff Insulator Intake Manifold Gasket - This worked extremely well on the 5E, and seeing as I'm re-utilising the previous one on the 5E, may as well purchase this one for the 4E!

I still haven't actually paid for the Japanese parts as he's really busy, but I will be doing so soon..I'm also eyeing up a couple of things on Yahoo. Watch out for their arrival soonish. Also, Sexy Mark should be hopefully helping me shortly with the wiring in a couple of weeks, which should hopefully initiate the fire to the stretch of work needed to get the POS on the road again!

So, get the above, and what I ideally should do is:
- Fix the wiring/finish it
- Paint the engine bay
- Install clutch & gearbox onto the 4E and finish assembly
- Fit CV Joints onto driveshafts
- Have wheelbearings replaced on Glanza hubs (and possibly ball joints/track rod ends)
- Relocate battery/upgrade starter & alternator wiring
- Fit new brake lines/bleed brakes and test the pedal
- Install the 4E
- Cut the dash in half
and so on and so forth

Though, its all well and done to simply say it..

0 comments: