Yeaaaah, yeaaah, yeah

Errr

Yeah

Yes, I do apologise for neglecting the blog (for the entire 1 people that actually read it, and the 1 that stalks it..), I was abit busy digging myself an ever bigger hole with the wiring work, and generally just procrastinating due to the increasing amount of work and lack of documenting of it, hence meaning more to write. And I'll I've just written now is a load of redundant explanation of actions of intention to write.

Anyway, as can be implied,



Hah, too lazy to spell it out. Yes, with the help of sexy Mr. Simon Calnan, I finally got the engine off of the engine stand, and had the flywheel attached to the engine - obviously this means that I did not have the oppurtunity to have the flywheel lightened, however, I will cope. What I did not do however was to carry on and install the clutch. The reasoning, pretty obviously and understandably, that installing a used clutch disc would be a false economy, and I cannot envision me ever wanting to drop out the engine and gearbox again just to change a clutch disc! Anyway, that's on order now and I am at a bit of impasse - there are a couple of jobs I could do, like correcting some wiring faults (need tools/Mark), fitting the new CV Joints (need a vice or something in order to press the new ones on the driveshafts), fitting the newly obtained APP Braided Brake lines from Simon (may do it shortly) and so on and so forth.

To add to the previous, unelaborated post, I added further to the weight reduction, lightening the chassis by a gargantuan 347.1g by dint of removing the bootlid trim panel, the door ajar sensors and some miscellaneous woodland critters, brining the recent total to 491.5g (not too bad in isolation now is it?! Hah, all you naysayers!), added to the 300g of the gearbox assembly saving, and then to the total thus far, that's a current mass reduction effort of 9.2263kg, and that's before I have so much as even looked at weighing my disaster of a wire loom stripping venture.

Hopefully, with the arrival of Mark, the purchasing of parts, and overcoming of debilitating procrastination, I will sort out the wiring, final assembly of the engine, and little details in steady succession (I would say swift, but that obviously won't be the case!)

Note: I also changed the title of the previous post to something slightly less, incongruous?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great, now I'm a stalker.