I don't know how to view this, but, yes:




I have my 5E-FHE engine, in all its portly glory...thus signifies a long route to the decrappyfication of my car. As, when this engine is in, the car will have to get its act together to accept said engine. Anyway, I got straight down to business, removing what I could, until I hit a snag...



Goddamn camshaft cap bolts with the lug for the valve cover nuts have now rounded to hell, and I'm failing to find a tool for circular nots. Not want. Otherwise, no real news on the FHE...hey, I only JUST got it! Did give it a bit of a cleaning, and a bit of a spray so it doesn't rust over, but, its on an engine stand now....project, commenceth!



In other news - bought a compression tester, obtaining the results of 130psi, 140psi, 130psi, 145psi...which, is, odd, as I thought a ringland would be cracked. Will attempt this again tomorrow to make sure all is well. Other than that, nothing new. So. Yeah.

0 comments: