2 Mar 2009

Fail...

Well, was hoping to have a GOOD weekend this one passed, as I hoped to achieve quite a bit, and I kinda did! Spent 3 days swapping turbos (I took lots of breaks and it literally took me half a day to slip the turbo/downpipe back on the car), also painted said turbo pink with some leftover paint I had, heat-wrapped the exhaust section just aft of the downpipe as I figured it being that close to the sump and gearbox would be doing nothing for its thermal efficiency (ooh, big words), and did a service comprising of radiator/engine oil flushes and replacement (with Royal Purple oil too, yum), and the SARD magnetic sump plug and oil filter.







Oh, and as you can note, I got rid of the fiberglass on the manifold as..well, it annoyed the hell out of me. Was quite amusing, a lot of the fiberglass had actually melted into, well, Glass! And...not all is hunkey dorey - on a test drive, the new turbo exhibited a LOT of smoke, and I mean, James Bond evading chasing baddies kinda smoke screen. Not happy. Also, the main reason for me swapping the turbos, seems not to have rectified itself (bar the smoke) - the boost is STILL extremely slow/limited!! Aaargh.

Whilst I was at it I also took pictures of the new wheels on the car to dream a bit...I'll need more than dreaming it seems...





0 comments: