This was a day like any other, starting out with a very early morning breakfast after kicking out my annoying cat for his morning maul. Seeing as I would not be swimming today I didn't sample my cup of Mauritian Vanilla Tea - which also serves to alleviate morning duties - in a bid to reduce sugar intake and bla bla bla, wtf cares.

Moving swiftly on from where I abandoned the POS yesterday in a flurry of flailing arms and curses, I went and purchased myself a pair of appropriately named Flare spanners from the illustrious Halfrauds for the princely sum of £3.5billion. On arrival at home, I set forth immediately dousing the offending (and offensive - they said bad things to me :() union bolts in plenty of Plusgas, before setting to work on the non-massacred one. And:



Perfectly simple removal and re-installation! The otherside however said NEIN! And continued in its path to be an infinity-sided hex nut (i.e. a circle, i.e. its rounded, i.e. stfu). I have it on dubious Authority - Harvey, he cannot be trusted - that a replacement line will cost me in the region of £70. Lovely. I'll throw in my sphincter as well. Following that, and several failed attempts to remove the annoying locating tabs from one set of the brake hard lines located on the rear axle, I re-attached the wheels, and went around frolicking in the garden with a daisy garland in my hair. On my return, I then raised the front of the car and with little undue hassle got the exhaust system back on its hangers, and bolted onto the downpipe with its new hardware, seeing as I was an absolute Barbarian with the previous units having attacked them repeatedly with a super uber melee combo of destruction. They were absolutely in a dire state. And now they're not:



Naturally, with the exhaust system now in situ', it'd have been unwise to not have started it and enjoy a bit of an eargasm, so, I didn't. Realising the absurd move, I swiftly collected myself and launched myself asunder onto the ignition. And. Wow. That's quite silent, much quieter than I remember! "Awww", quipped my inner yoofness :(. Once warmed up a little bit I jiggled the throttle a bit, naturally, and was enthralled by the resulting crackles from the exhaust and the whooshing and shrill stutter of the turbocharger. Ahhhhh. I'm also impressed with the newly acquired responsiveness of the newer engine. However:



I quickly shut the engine off once the leak progressively got more dramatic and annoying, though on closer inspection I am somewhat relieved, as the leak seems to be emanating not from the water pump assembly itself, but either from a heater hose that's not been tightened correctly, or the pipe that is inserted into the water pump. Meh. Whilst I didn't film this start - you've had your fix, gtfo it - I did point the camera to demonstrate a new facet of discomfort/comfort introduced in this new guise of the vehicles progress:



Yes, as previously intimated, I will be driving an 880kg vibrator. ^_^

Other than that, nothing else has taking place/is taking place/smells like plaice - I am still waiting for a correct passenger-side Driveshaft (will this godfarsaken - yes, I spelt it like that on porpoise! - saga ever end!?), and receiving the driver's side one from the garage, getting the gearbox filled up with lovely 'Purps, and basically just diagnosing all these leaks and electrical issues, tidying up the wiring loom then final assembly. Oh, and that brake line kerfuffle. Otherwise, I am gladly bereft of major proceedings for the return of the wretched car ^_^.

Also, no farking bugs, its not a bug blog, GAWD!

0 comments: